Sunday, May 17, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Spring 2015-Facing East

So I decided to enter Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival this year. I've always loved reading about the entries, but I've never entered myself. Kinda nervous about it....

This is my entry for the modern category, and my most favorite quilt of all time! I made it for my dear friend who was going through stage 3 ovarian cancer (she's all good now), and despite how much I love her, I still had a hard time handing it over.


It's Carolyn Friedlander's pattern 'Facing East' from her book 'Savor Each Stich'. The pattern was perfect for my friend and challenging for me because I had never paper-pieced before (crazy, I know).

I loved adding little details and fabric scraps that were meaningful to my friend. It was such a pleasure to make!

My quilt holder really wanted a picture with our local sasquatch....

Thanks for checking it out! You guys are awesome!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, lucky us you entered this beautiful quilt so we can see it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome quilt! I love that it was your first foray into paper piecing! Nothing like jumping right in and doing it! :) I can imagine that it was very difficult to hand it over but I'm sure it provides your friend with so much joy! So glad to hear she is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! The colors are gorgeous and the layout is quite graphic. Looks like you did really well with your paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty Jenn! I love the layout and the colors, I must learn how to paper piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I really love the turquoise plus the orange-red-purple. Great color sense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love the bright and bold colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for a beautiful quilt! I love your design, wonderful fabrics and great quilting :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it and the newsprint background is fabulous. The colors are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love this! And super happy for your friend! So glad you joined in the Festival fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job Jenn, I think it's awesome you took the leap and joined!

    ReplyDelete