Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Catch UP




I know I've been a little MIA on the blog. No biggie, right?  I know you're all waiting with baited breath for my quilty news!  ha ha.   I've neglected bloglovin', too and there are 342 blog posts to read.  Ugh!

 I do have a few finishes to report. (since Christmas!)




I love this pattern from Charise Creates. These darling hot pads made great teacher gifts. They were so much fun to whip up!  I also became obsessed with finding the vine flower print from Sweet Broderie because of her sample. Isn't it fab? No luck in finding it yet.






I finished Amelia's dolly quilt and cradle pad a few days before Christmas. I measured the pad to be the same size as the cradle, but I should have made it an inch larger. I didn't think about the batting 'shrinking' it, whoops!






Two baby showers last month required two baby quilts. The boy one is a copy cat of something I saw somewhere on the interwebs. If you know where, tell me so I can give credit! I looooove how it turned out.





The turquoise strips were from one piece of fabric that was divided into six sections from selvage to selvage.  Each section was printed a darker turquoise than the last.  I bought it a few years ago and now I can't remember who made it, dang it! I also added a strip of a textured Moda turquoise (the tweed from Mod Century) just for visual interest.

The girl quilt is from the pennant pieces I cut out ages ago. It uses a favorite Alexander Henry print on the back, from Monkey Bizness.  The binding is a sweet Benartex floral I got in the bargain basement of a craft store in Rexburg with Jenni.  Jenni, did you get any of it?








Currently I am working on that Lotta Confetti Quilt, playing around with a layout and trying to decide what I like best.   Off Center? Bordered on all sides?  Or just one or two?  Any suggestions?




Soon I'll be starting a quilt for Jenni's new grandson!  He's coming to stay next month and I can't wait to kiss all over that sweet baby neck!

XOXO- Pinspot

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that baby boy quilt and Amelia's dolly quilt. I didn't buy any of that darling binding. What a great way to use it. I am so glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that I just pinned this gradient quilt the other day http://www.simplegirlsimplelife.com/2014/03/more-gradient-stripes.html
    Love yours!

    I am loving that Monkey Bizzness print you used on the back of the cute bunting quilt. Lots of great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute quilts and projects!! I am making apples this week :) so it is fun t see yours! i am not much help with your Lotta quilt. I think i would cut the center panel into blocks and scatter them haphazard on the white like confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that baby boy quilt!! And the dolly quilt! And I have FQ's of the entire Sweet Broderie line, which one are you looking for in particular?

    ReplyDelete