Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Perfect Stripe

I saw this quilt at a shop in Sandy on the shop hop and now I can't stop thinking about it. I have to make one.

Isn't it great?!

There's an up close shot so you can see that it contains The Perfect Stripe.

Now I'm on a mission to find this stripe. It just now occurred to me to call the shop and ask.

------------
Called the shop, it's a class taught by a lady not employed by the shop and they don't know what the fabric is. Thankyouverymuch.

Cranky old lady.

So, any ideas about this stripe? Know of something similar? Wouldn't it be a great scrap buster? Wouldn't it be cute for the Fourth with a red stripe and red white and blue fabric?



8 comments:

  1. It reminds me of Robert Kaufman's Oxford Yarn Dyes. In fact, it really looks just like it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.hawthornethreads.com/fabric/designer/robert_kaufman_house_designer/oxford_yarn_dyes

      Delete
    2. WOW, Jenn. I am impressed! I wonder what it would it be like to work with cotton oxford.

      Delete
    3. I can't imagine it would be too bad to work with, try it out and let us know :)

      Delete
  2. Cluck cluck sew has this quilt http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2010/05/whirly-pop-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. And here is a tutorial.
    http://www.craftbuds.com/whirligig-quilt-block-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that Mins! Fabric AND tutorial! Can't wait to see your take on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, aren't you guys just the most helpful people ever!

    Enablers.

    ReplyDelete