Here's the quilt I donated for Joyce's auction. I call it "Road to Recovery." I included a few hot wheels when I sent it, so they could advertise it as a play mat or quilt.
I think it's only the fourth quilt I ever made, so I kind of just made it up as I went along. I don't know if it was even the "right" way to do things. I finished all but the binding last year for Stitched in Color's Festival of Scrappiness. I had a ton 1-2" scraps from a quilt I made last year, so I just free pieced them in the shape of a twisty road. I had to add a bunch of small scraps from my vintage stash, which was very satisfying! Then I ironed the edges under and machine appliques it to the top. The top is made of large strips of white that I sewed onto the backing in a strip quilt style so that it would be quilted before I applied the road part.
The binding is a black Ta Dot from my stash. I felt I needed a little black to counterbalance all that floral femininity. I think it's pretty gender neutral, though.
I don't know why Tess wanted to pretend she was dead for this pic. Weirdo. Linking up with Finish-It-Up Friday.