A few days before Christmas all the fabric I ordered came in, plus some extra (a big thank you to Polka Dot Tea fabrics and Connecting Threads)!! I sure love getting those bulky packages in the mail! It really makes my week!
Polka Dot Tea. It is the BEST!! It's mostly Japanese and the hand is delicious!! You've gotta go check them out on esty. They're based in Australia, but shipping is fast and prices are competitive. I've decided I'm making pillows with this fabric for my bay window seat in my living room, since it's been naked for a year and a half. Then I can admire the fabric all the time!
I just love those cherries!
Which reminds me of my New Year's resolutions. Normally I'm not a "resolutions" kinda gal, I figure if you need to make changes, you best not wait, just do it. But the end of this year got me thinking, and I do have a few. If you don't mind bearing with me, here's a short-ish list:
1. I am going to continue my 48 hour "hold" before I hit that buy now button on fabric purchases. In addition, I'm going to check out the "coming soon" sections and see if there is really something else I am going to want more than what I'm currently purchasing. I can already tell you there are a few lines I WILL be purchasing this spring, so I gotta save up for that....
2. Learn FPP.
3. Make a bunch of pillows for my window seat in my living room.
4. Finish ALL my current WIPs by the end of 2014-at least those already in the cutting stage :) and use all the wonderful patterns I've been purchasing over the years.
6. Turns out I have high cholesterol (thanks Mom)! Found that out 2 days before Christmas.... So I gotta get that down. Ugh. So I'll be spending a portion of my sewing time exercising. Double ugh.
7. Find awesome programming to watch while exercising. I will take recommendations. It's gotta be on Netflix. And not girly. Or dramatic.
8. Learn some non-quilty sewing things, like clutches, totes, or pouches; things with zippers; I need to make a tree skirt for our Christmas tree next year; maybe some curtains; I dunno, whatever I see that I like.
I guess that about sums up my expectations for the New Year. What about you guys? Any quilty aspirations? Or healthy ambitions?