Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Beer Goggles Quilt

 This is a PSA about quilting while intoxicated:



I'm pretty sure that's what happened with my thrift store quilty find.  At first I thought a teenager pieced and quilted this, but I think even a teenager would look at this and think, "Something is not right."  So I'm calling this the Beer Goggles Quilt.  You would have to be drunk to look at this quilt and think, "Oh yeah!  This is looking AWESOME!"



We all know what happens when you drink and drive, the same is true about drinking and quilting.  My sweet little quilt requires surgery and I've been working on her all afternoon.  Now I only have a few little tiny holes left.  Funny thing, the major gashes were a lot easier to fix than the tiny holes because I'm stitching those up by hand.

Tiny Hole from the front:


Tiny Hole from the back:









The lesson here: friends don't let friends quilt drunk.  Because when you sober up, you're likely to send your franken-quilt to the thrift store where some poor soul, hearing the siren song of Sarah Jane scraps, will snatch it up, only to regret it when she looks a little closer. 


linking up with Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. I'm willing to bet that she'll be lovely once she sobers up and gets your TLC. But then you may have to think of a new name for her! Rose-colored Glasses maybe?
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that crap happens to me all the time! I check every seam, make sure every allowance is good, the quilting is where is should be, and then I wash the quilt and BAM!! A popped seam! What the heck?! Almost every freaking quilt! I don't know if during the quilting I'm putting too much pressure on the seams, but they should be fine. I do know that my machine skips stitches once in a while, maybe that's what's happening. Anyway, it's SOOO frustrating!!! Luckily for me, it's usually only one or two and usually pretty minor (like the small ones).

    Anyway, sorry for the rant. You're doing a good thing for that poor quilt. Can't wait to see it finished and quilted!

    ReplyDelete