I have a beef with Riley Blake. They printed their chevrons in such a way that if you cut across the width of the bolt you end up with a bunch of sideways W's instead of a nice continuous zigzag. Also, they didn't print it exactly on the straight of grain.
Because of this, I had to learn how to match prints on a seam. I've tried to do this before with poor results. But I am happy to say this time it turned out perfectly, not once, but TWICE! It was miraculous. I want to record my process here so I can reference it when I need it later.
First, iron the seam allowance back. I made it a little wider than 1/4" just to make things easy.
Next, run a glue stick along that seam allowance.
Match it up and iron.
Sew, very slowly, right along the crease.
Cut fabric as needed.
Square off edge and repeat process.
I still can't believe that it worked so well! It's a bloomin' miracle. And it's a little ridiculous how excited I am about it.