Sunday, April 7, 2013

Finished

And he was happy with it! That's the best part, when someone loves what you put hours into. He even held up the quilt for me to take a picture!! And we both had grins on our faces. Since it was dusk when it came out of the dryer, I'll take some more pictures tomorrow, even though it'll be raining most of the week, therefore light won't be wonderful. But surely I can get some better pictures. Until then, here are these.

Oh yeah, I quilted this one sparsely because I didn't want to interfere with the drape and feel of the quilt. Sometimes the more heavily quilted quilts are a little stiffer, at least mine are. Anyway, I am LOVING the bamboo batting!! It's warm, so soft, quilts beautifully, and is naturally antibacterial. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Essex Linen, which is a blend of cotton and linen (sorry, Jenni, clearly I was distracted). I think I like working with it better than pure linen. It doesn't wrinkle quite as much and it feels so great!! Anyway, enough of my rambling. Tomorrow or the next day I'll tell you the story of my five finger discount (accidentally, but I did remedy the situation). And my experience of cutting and scanning my own bamboo batting (and accidentally gave myself a discount on that....sheesh).







2 comments:

  1. Exactly perfect! Very manly, great size, and the colors are perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, I take the weekend off and you up and finish a quilt! It looks great, Jenn! I hope my bratty brother appreciates it. ;) I think I need to get some of that Essex linen.

    ReplyDelete