Tuesday, March 5, 2013

How to make a link in blogger

First off, begin to compose your blog post.  Write until you get to a word that you want to link.  Highlight the word(s) you want to link.





Next, click on the button that is blue, underlined and says "Link." It's just above my highlighted text in the picture above.   A box will pop up that asks for the url (that's the www.whatever.html/quiltygoodness type thing in the address bar) that you want to link to.  Copy and paste the url into the space in the box that says, "To what URL should this link go?"  Then click the "OK" button in the bottom left hand corner of the pop-up box.   









Once you're back in the compose post screen, there should be a teeny tiny box next to your new link.  It's double checking the address you want to link to.  Click the tiny x in the upper right hand corner.  Continue composing your post.  You now have a link!








3 comments:

  1. Good job! I hope I'm not driving you all nuts with the labels. My friends have been checking out the site and labeling was the easiest way to direct them to specific posts. And I've just been labeling for Jenni :) let me if you want to change it or don't think it's conducive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm glad you thought of labeling. It's smart to do it right off the bat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, now I just need to practice. I am glad you are labeling. At first I thought it did it automatically because it just kept popping up! hahaha

    ReplyDelete