Friday, February 22, 2013

The Most Beautiful Thing

My birthday present came in the mail today. I have been so excited! And I was pretty thrilled my MIL forgot, cause she totally just sent me money. Yes!! And...my grandma Selin sent me money, too, so that was unexpected and great, because I ordered the Bounty of Basics, but if I didn't want to pay $16 in shipping, I would have to make my order be over $200. Did you guys enjoy that really long run on sentence? So I stuck the basics in my cart and a Kona color card in my cart. Perfect! Nope...the total was $199.49. Ugh, seriously!? Okay fine, so I perused the site like no one's business. Problem is, I've ordered so much from my other favorite site that I get a 50 cent discount, so I only shopped Moda fabrics, because my fave store doesn't carry Moda. Other problem was, I don't want only half a yard of one line., Cause i'm not going over that $200 mark by much. So I waited a day or two, mulling it over and low and behold, the Bella color card went on sale. Now if I got that color card, it put me at $203, just right!! So here are a couple of quick pics of my birthday present! A big THANK YOU to all involved :)









4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhh, (sung) how fabulous! And the quilt underneath turned out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! It's not done yet, but I'll post on it when it is.

      Delete
  2. I feel like this purchase just made you a legitimate, no kidding, for realsies Quilter with a capitol Q. Not that you weren't before, but with a color card AND the bounty of basics, it gets serious! Plus you spent $200 on fabric in one fell swoop. I will not try to hide my jealousy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Thanks for considering me legit, Mins! You know when you were little and got a brand new box of crayons and didn't want to use them, but just stare at them and hold them for a little while? Yeah, that's how I feel. I just want to stare. Not use, stare.... And that's how you become a hoarder ;)

      Delete