Friday, April 5, 2013

Just For Fun

I did this fabric pull this week. I absolutely love the bottom print. It's from Alexander Henry and it's called Market Stalls. I pulled some scraps and a few FQ's from my stash to make a nice rainbow. I think I'll do the front as one of those raw edge bunting quilts. I've been wanting to make one, and I think the AH backing would look adorable with it.

I'm also thinking of doing the Stitched In Color String Fever challenge. I sorted my skinny scraps by color, just to see what I had. It's not enough for a traditional string quilt, but they are too busy for my taste anyway. I'm thinking of doing a stringy scrappy plus block quilt.  Maybe you've noticed a few plus quilts I've pinned lately.  I'm trying to find one that, for me, is the perfect balance of background and prints.  With the pluses (deceptively difficult word to spell) being scrappy, I think a nice balance is important.  I should add "busy" to the "not for me" side of my list

2 comments:

  1. I think it's genius, string plus quilt. I love AH market stalls and the fabric you pulled to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mindy, so colorful!! I love it!! And I figured you couldn't resist joining in Rachel's string thing. I don't really care for strings, so I'm not going to be doing it. I've really only seen a couple of quilts I like with strings, but maybe after this scrap attack there might be tons more!

    ReplyDelete